COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER
The primary role of the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) is to implement the strategic use of communication vehicles to advance the mission of the Treaty One Development Corporation with respect to the Kapyong Lands Planning Project; advising the Management and Board of Directors on communication issues; serving as a liaison on Treaty One First Nation’s (T1FN) community events, organizations, committees, political organizations and facilitating proactive relationships between Treaty One Nations and the broader community. The Community Liaison Officer coordinates recommendations to Senior Management and Board of Directors relative to public relations and functions attended on the behalf of the Treaty One Development Corporation. The CLO performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities assigned by the Management. Reports to Senior Management. In keeping with the development of First Nations capacity and to further reconciliation priority will be given to members of the Treaty One First Nation.
- Acts as advisor to the Senior Management on all matters relating to assigned areas of responsibility for the purpose of providing information to meet goals and objectives.
- Attends meetings for the purpose of developing a presence in the community and serving as a liaison between external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Senior Management and external stakeholders for the purpose of building effective communication, enhancing relationships, and ensuring a high quality of communication to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Develops, plans, and/or coordinates various activities (e.g. community outreach, media/public relations functions, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing relationships and promoting a positive public image.
- Develops in conjunction with Management and Board the implementation and solicitation of feedback from external stakeholders for the purpose of forecasting future needs of the Treaty No.1 First Nations and broader community.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations and communications programs and/or marketing campaign strategies.
- General knowledge of the Treaty No.1 and the Kapyong Lands Project
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and statistics and to develop meaningful reports from that information.
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing.
- Ability to make oral presentations before large/small groups of people.
- Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent contact with the public.
THIS IS A TERM POSITION WITH THE POTENTIAL OF EXTENSION
To apply send resume, cover letter and 3 references to:
Ardell Boubard, Office Manager
Treaty One Development Corporation
B116-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G 0R8
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 PM FRIDAY DECEMBER 13, 2019
We thank all interested applicants however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.