We are looking for a Receptionist with a friendly attitude and the ability to multitask to serve as our front desk receptionist. In this position, you will greet guests entering the office and help assist them with their needs. The Essential Functions and Specific skill and Responsibilities Essential Job Functions will include the collaboration with a variety of stakeholders and partners ranging from business to government. As such, the ability to navigate these grounds is imperative to execute time sensitive projects, while leveraging the strengths and protecting the best interests of Treaty One Development Corporation and Treaty One Nation. In keeping with development of First Nations capacity and to further reconciliation priority will be given to members of the Treaty One First Nation.
- Greet people entering the office, answering any questions, providing directions, alerting staff if someone is there to meet or visit with them.
- Answering phones, manage all incoming calls and routing them to the proper extensions, or taking messages and delivering them within our office.
- Ensure reception are is tidy and presentable, with all stationery and materials. (e.g. Pens, forms, and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Maintain a positive work environment that recognizes the values, the contributions or team members.
- Promotes and fosters a commitment to the vision, mission and values of T1DC.
- Performs other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, etc
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proven work experience as a receptionist.
- Hands on experience with office equipment.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must have experience working with Indigenous organizations, communities and people.
- Understanding of Indigenous traditions, culture, language and protocols.
THIS IS A TERM POSITION WITH THE POTENTIAL OF EXTENSION
To Apply send resume, cover letter and 3 references to:
Ardell Boubard, Office Manager
Treaty One Development Corporation
B116-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg Manitoba, R3G OR8
CLOSING DATE: 12:00PM FRIDAY DECEMBER 13,2019
We thank all interested applicants however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.